Friday, October 1, 2010

Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I've kept wanting to post, but every time I sat down at the computer, I somehow decided against it. It really is very sad. 

Lately I've been feeling so lost in this world. I feel like its all in my brain. Which it is.  But I don't want it to feel that way. Every one's world exists in their own heads. I see the world with my eyes, but everything is in my mind. Its such a scary thought. Every person is a person. Just like me. They think things and feel things and like... see things. I know it sounds so silly to say it like that, but it's so strange for me to think about it like that. I don't know.

Lately I've been thinking about the human body and the idea of dance, and sex, and bodies colliding as flesh and physics. When you're working with someone through your body where does the line stop between being two different people and being something bigger than yourselves. I started thinking about this mostly after the exercise we did in Drama Ensemble. 

We're also doing scenes in Drama Ensemble from Our Town, and all I can think about is how much I loved doing that play, and how important the story was to me, and still is to me. I love George and Emily so much. I miss those days of my life. I miss the show, I miss the chairs, I miss Rachel and Natalie and Abby and Liza and Sally. Its so funny sitting here in rehearsal as a junior and looking at the eighth graders. I remember how much I looked up to them. I can't even believe that I'm one of them now. It doesn't quite make sense. Oh well.

Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment